About Me!

I'm a creative; I'm smart-ish, funny (I hope) and permanently hungry...I love to read, draw, build (terrible) robots, take photos and eat... Please follow me by email and on Google+
(on the right sidebar)

p.s Scroll to the very bottom of the homepage for a list of my favourite books :)

Thursday 17 March 2016

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!

Hi Everyone,

I warn you: If you don't like spiders, you won't like this post! But maybe it will make you less afraid of them. This morning my mother discovered a rather cute (yes, I think spiders are cute) and hairy houseguest: A Huntsman! Huntsman spiders are completely harmless unless they are feeling threatened.
Lurking in the background...

And so I went up to him and began saying: "What a cute little fellow you are! Who's the cutest? You are! My sweet little-wittle fluffy-wuffy yes you are! Yes you are!"
To which I got no response...

So I moved closer:




But he still didn't move...
So I decided to call him Paisley and get on with my day instead of staring at him all morning. BUT: As I moved into the living room, I found his big brother! Sitting, ready to pounce, in a dusty corner next to my mother's Robbie Williams mask (don't even ask...):


I squealed in delight and ran over to him:


Look at those fangs!


I raced back into the dining room to tell my mother, only to discover that Paisley was gone...Which is a problem: spiders are cute and fluffy when you can see them, as soon as they disappear that's when you panic...

I decided I did not want the big brother to vanish too, so I grabbed a glass and some cardboard and took him outside.
Cute and fluffy!!!
So Paisley is still hiding out somewhere, hopefully he will surface and we can free him into the garden too. Until then I will be checking the dark wood of the doorframe for any suspicious spider-shaped lumps...

Eve out :3

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! too much creepy all on one page.....and in hiding.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Say 'hi' to Paisley for me when you find him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would scream... or cry... or both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well lucky you didn't find him in your house!

      Delete
  4. They would be dead the moment I saw them! NO SPIDER LIVES ONCE IT SEES ME!!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete